Customer: Siemens Healthineers
Timeframe: March – June 2022
Location: AR App iOS
- Sustainable 3D data usage
- Augmented Reality
How product innovations can be presented interactively thanks to AR
Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, helping medical providers worldwide achieve more: in the expansion of precision medicine, the redesign of healthcare, the improvement of the patient experience and the digitization of healthcare.
As a pioneer in healthcare, Siemens Healthineers develops new, innovative devices that revolutionize medical technology and thus patient examinations and treatments.
In modern medical technology, there are now many highly engineered, state-of-the-art products. When launching new devices on the market, the respective unique selling points must therefore be highlighted particularly well and presented in a comprehensible way. To this end, it makes sense to show the devices in use.
However, since it is not possible to transport the devices to potential customers and trade shows without considerable costs and additional effort, an alternative solution is needed for this.
For the product launch of the new Symbia Pro.specta™ SPECT/CT at SNMMI 2022, mld digits developed an AR app with ground plane detection. This app combines the previous Biograph family of PET/CT with the new Symbia Pro.specta™ SPECT/CT. It therefore provides the Siemens Healthineers sales team with a complete interactive application of these molecular imaging devices for customer presentations during and after the trade show.
With the help of the app, customers can discover and interactively explore the devices in 3D with augmented reality in real time. The app shows a wide range of applications and special features of the devices with individual hotspots. These contain extensive information in the form of text, videos and animations for all products.
Additional features in the app provide a special experience:
- The Symbia Pro.specta™ SPECT/CT enables a wide range of examinations in various medical fields such as cardiology, neurology or oncology. This is illustrated by animated workflows.
- The slim design means the system can also be used in smaller rooms. To emphasize this so-called SmartFit function, extra buttons have been integrated into the app. If one of the buttons is activated, the device appears in a room. By additionally activating the SmartFit function, the room with the minimum dimensions is displayed. This gives the potential customer a better impression of the space requirements.
- The Biograph family of PET/CT uses innovative Optiso HD and UDR detectors. These ensure better image quality of the scans, making it easier to detect even the smallest changes and lesions. In a so-called explosion mode, the exact structure of these detectors is shown, thus highlighting this special feature.
What’s so special about it?
- B2B augmented reality with real value
- Appealing UI design with integration of various content, such as 3D product displays, videos, presentations in a real-time environment
- Existing marketing material combined with modern real-time communication. A compact and comprehensive digital sales solution
- Flexible, non-linear explanations
- Realistic presentation in real-time on modern iPad Pro devices
- The app can be extended as required
- Significant space saving
- Integration of selected application scenarios in the form of animations
- Customer-CI and UI-Guide compliant
„The introduction of the MI AR App at SNMMI 2022 was a great success, it helped us to enhance the launch of our new Symbia Pro.specta SPECT/CT, demonstrating the new design and features of the system to our customers in a modern environment, which is the product’s main message – modernize to maximize. And by integrating the Biograph family of PET/CT, we are now able to demonstrate all our products in a single solution, thereby presenting our customers with the right solution for their needs. I look forward to continuing to work with mld digits on improving the functionality of the App and leveraging this solution during our routine customer’s conversation.“
Global Product Marketing Manager